About Me

My photo
Every day a new person will write about their experiences. Pictures: Visit www.amhsi.org, click on Photo Gallery, then click on Weber Gallery.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day Ten in Israel Writer: Maddy Oppenheim

Today we met our host families in Yochneam! Everyone first sat in a circle and said their names and soon later found out who their teen host was or knew already due to request. Most of the kids were in Yud Bet or twelfth grade, but some were in Yud Alef or eleventh grade. Mine was in eleventh grade, the sweetest and most mature eleventh grader I have seen. They all seem and look older than American teens. Weber kids suggested that it was because they smoke non-stop. I think it was a mixture of that and their culture. When I arrived at Eran's house, I soon learned that they are very calm natured and they focused on whatever was at hand, not really wishing for a different "time of day." I was rooming with Dani which was nice because I could experience the hard language barrier with someone else. When we settled, Eran immediately took us to his friends. Every spare moment is with his friends. I mean every spare moment. The day concluded with me listening to Dani's singing Evanescence (his favorite band) and  I soon learned the next day that I snore every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment