About Me

My photo
Every day a new person will write about their experiences. Pictures: Visit www.amhsi.org, click on Photo Gallery, then click on Weber Gallery.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day Twelve in Israel Writer: Tali Abraham

This weekend I had a fantastic time with an amazing girl who was host family for Melissa and me. At first, I was a little nervous about living with another stranger for Shabbat, but to my surprise, I ended up creating a lifelong friendship. Irit is a fun and energetic girl, who made Melissa and me laugh all day. The most interesting thing of all was comparing our American life to Irit's Israeli lifestyle. Though we live in the same modern world the differences between our everyday lives is tremendous. This was amazing just to see that even the transportation that we take to school is drastically different from kids in Israel. I am so glad that I was lucky enough to meet Irit. Now, I know that I will always have a friend to welcome me back to Israel the next time I come to visit my homeland.

No comments:

Post a Comment